Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hello World!

It's been a while and it is now fall, it was summer when I last let you inside my world. A lot has changed, definitely for the better! No longer working in the government contracting world, I'm now in the not-for-profits arena and so far it has been a blessing. In September, I became the administrative assistant for the T. Howard Foundation. The Foundation provides media and entertainment internships for women and minorities wheAlso, I'm proud to say I am a former intern who had the opportunity to intern at Satellite Brodcasting and Communications Association in N.W. DC.

In addition, I've become more visible and local in my volunteering aspects. Past posts have mentioned that I am a part of NAMIC, this is a great organization for meeting people in careers that you aspire to one day work a part of or gain a better understanding of. The organization also holds great panel sessions from Digital Marketing to Tapping into Ethnic Consumers in Cable., one in which I helped coin a title for. What I'm most proud of is helping out in my community in that of Charm City. I've been told I was nominated to sit on the community board - what position? IDK. Thanks for the nods though :).

This has been a year of change and I have welcomed it wholeheartedly. I will admit it seemed the storm would never be over regarding a few things, but, so far I am sticking to my New Year's Resolution of Pursuing My Happiness!

No comments: