Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Allowing Yourself to Trust Him


Man has this been a job in itself! About two weeks I surrendered my will to God's will. This was hard to do as we want things to happen when we want them to and how we want them to happen. Already saved, I'm trying to put off my ways and allow more of him. I'm trying to trust God in all areas of my life- especially in my finances and my career. A few times I have noticed myself anxious a few days over the past two to three weeks. It was revealed that I had not been trusting God or that I don't trust him. I can remember pacing the floor and going over in my mind how to take matters into my own hands. My head would hurt and I became restless. Looking back it was tiresome when knowing there is someone who wants to take on our burdens. When we decide to take Him up on this offer it is then that we can rest. As long as we walk uprightly he will give us the desires of our heart. So many people reference this scripture, but forget the part about us having to walk uprightly and display righteousness. This doesn't come for free, nor is it obtained easily because of our fleshly; earthly desires.

God I pray that you will continually allow me to trust you in all areas of my life!

By the way- I suggest you check out the Power of a Praying Woman, by Stormie Omaritan! I bought the book in the earlier part of the year, I put it down because of other books, other distractions. I just came back to it after someone brought it up- I left off about half way. I can admit when I first bought the book I was not ready for it, but after picking up with the book it is right on time for this season in my life. I highly recommend this book!

No comments: