Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I feel the need to back track for you just to show you how good God has been to me. Before I found my current job- I decided to try freelancing. I was very excited about the idea of such, my article was of interest- fashion. I interviewed a lady with her own consignment shop, if you've never been to one I suggest taking a stroll. You are sure to find quality peices that can go a long way. Like after my interview was done, I bought a pink wool blazer by Ann Klein that was only $13. You and I both know you can't walk away with anything Ann Klein for $13 (can't wait for fall!) Okay, so my article was published in April. I immediately expected my paycheck to come in anytime soon. I found myself logging onto my bank account hoping and wishing the payment was there. Finally I contacted the editor because he was the one telling me when to expect payment. He felt the frustration in my email so he increased my payment by $50. So, we do this dance for about two weeks and I get hip and contact the Finance office. I'm thinking I should have called her all along, she was able to give me the information I needed and days later the payment hit my account! I was so happy- thank God!

Since then I was supposed to do a story on a physician, but his publicist kept trying to 'spin' the story so we decided to not do that particular story. I've asked my editor to keep me in mind for future stories and he has mentioned he would. I write him every two weeks to keep me fresh in his memory. He hasn't contacted me yet, but I don't feel down or depressed, not after all I had to go through just to get paid for my article. Who knows... but I'll keep you posted.

No comments: