Monday, August 06, 2007

Where do I begin? I've been on my job as a program assistant for 7 months now! This has been a great experience for me- my first year out of college. I've learned so much from co-workers and my boss. By being allowed to exercise my creativity, I have been rejuvenated and it makes me feel good coming to work knowing everyone values my opinion and sometimes will take me up on it. I don't know how many people can say this- don't get me wrong I have been doing "grunt work", but is making me stronger and is helping me become more organized. I am still in shock and excited that I am utilizing my communications degree, not in your typical journalism or broadcasting enviornment though. Through the course of seven months I have edited a marketing brochure, drafted letters of recommendation, scheduled and planned meetings, travel and lodging accomodations. This is what I enjoy! The fact my job allows me to do this just brings smiles to my face.

My social life has been improved- I'm always looking for ways to get out of the house. Some of the help has come from my boyfriend, we are always out and about. Just last weekend, we sailed the Hudson River along with his friends and a close relative. I have contributed to my rising socialite status as well, searching community events on local radio stations and even using google to rely on my weekend dealings. My sister will visit this Friday and I am looking forward to having her here. My other sister and I will have plenty of fun things planned for her and her son.

In addition to my 9-4 or 8-4, I'm researching other possible streams of income... don't really know if I should share that though, unless we will be networking!

No comments: